A child’s name is a lifetime blueprint. Ten cuidado. Really. As preliminary evidence, those who don’t like their first name often choose their middle name, if available.
Do you really want to express, much less remember, 4 syllables? Of course not. Names are mathematic. One syllable rules. And when don’t we enjoy hearing our name? Never. Keep it simple.
The most outrageous names I’ve witnessed are as follows.
- Richard Finger: What’s the nickname. Not a question. Who wants to be associated with that event?
- La – a: The hyphen is pronounced as “dash.” La-dash-ah. Three syllables. Breaks the simplicity rule. Fail.
- Redundancy: I know a Rose Rose. She married into the name, willingly. Wow.
- Alliteration: Porn Star status looms. Be careful.
- Family Name: Tradition is cool, but… Remain in the times, or risk ostracism.
Names to add?